Friday, January 14, 2011

Link O'Day: Get your daily non-fiction fix at Delancey Place!

Do you love non-fiction? I think that for all librarians, the answer is yes. I love back stories about historical events, articles about science, and all kinds of informational readings. Here is how you can get yourself a daily fix: Subscribe to Delancey Place (linked from title). You will receive an emailed piece every day with a short and interesting offering. The selections are taken from periodical articles, from books, and from other resources.  I often save mine to read during my lunch break. Some days I am just too busy and simply delete without reading, but often I find these readings quite enjoyable. Case in point: Today I learned that Gutenberg got his idea for the printing press from the wine press. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment