- Like Clusty, results are "clustered" into categories. You can click on one of these and get just the sites that are related.
- Yippy promises that your searching is PRIVATE--they do not save your
- Yippy purports to be "safe" and to not take you to objectionable sites. I am NOT a fan of filtering so this is not a big plus for me but not necessarily a minus if it gives useful results
- There are lots of fun options to play around with.
- To take advantage of all the nifty resources they promise, you need to download the app. I was OK with doing that but my download failed, leaving me frustrated.
BY THE WAY, shoe trees are an interesting American (and British) custom. People toss or affix old shoes to trees, usually on a highway though the one in my home town is on a residential street. I blogged about that one a couple of years ago: http://drmabell.blogspot.com/2008/01/viva-shoe-trees.html. Not only that, I learned that the San Marcos Nature Center, which I have yet to visit, has a path of shoes leading to some trees made entirely of shoes, all which have been fished out of the San Marcos River.