Friday, February 25, 2011

Link O'Day: Quizlet

This is a great site for whipping up flashcards, quizzes, etc., and as such is sure to have teachers as fans. While I was aware of it, I had not put it to use because I do not have need to create this type of aid for memorization/rote learning. However, as is often the case, I learned from a student. I ask students to complete a tutorial and convince me that they have assimilated the content via a creative response. One student used Quizlet and created questions and answers that covered the material. Great idea! This nifty tool could be useful at almost any level, either by the teacher to create review materials or actual quizzes, or by students reading material and then creating the challenges to demonstrate comprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment