For a starting-off entry I asked myself what are some applications that I have found to be compelling and even addictive in the past year. Here are several. If you have not tried any of these, I offer them up for your consideration:
- Dropbox: Why oh why did I wait so long to try this? I have been a constant user for several months now and don't know how I managed without it. I have the convenience of getting my files anywhere at any time, plus the security of knowing they are stored one more place for security--in the cloud. For some reason it gives me a huge charge to pull up my MS Office docs on my iPhone.
- Instagram--This is my new favorite iPhone app. It combines social networking with love of photographers. I follow a mix of sincere amateurs like myself and professionals who share amazing pictures. We comment on one another's submissions. I am on this site several times a day. As far as I can tell it is strictly an iPhone app. It has reawakened my interest in photographer and refreshed the way I see the world. That's a lot for a free app!
- Pininterest--Like a lot of folks, I find this site addictive. I have two boards that are active right now, and add to one or both almost daily. There are tons of great sites out there, and here are my two. I confess to being a bit proud of them:
- Ma Bell's Medicine Show for Raising Morale: http://pinterest.com/drmaryannbell/ma-bell-s-medicine-show-for-raising-morale/
- I Can See Clearly Now: Great Visuals: http://pinterest.com/drmaryannbell/i-can-see-clearly-now-great-visuals/
- Both titles are pretty descriptive. With the first board, I started out collecting humor and then expanded to include sites that make me smile or just plain feel good. I have an ongoing interest in digital images and visualization, which led to the second board.
- While I find it hard to blog regularly, I add to these almost daily. Go figure.