Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Super Site Sightings: My Own and TADALIST

One of my blogging heroes is Dr. Teri Lesesne, aka Professor Nana, Goddess of YA Literature. I have often wished I could be like her and tell people about great books. But of course I am not up to date on all those books, and she is constantly reading. Then it came to me...maybe I could talk about GREAT SITES the way she talks about GREAT BOOKS! I am someone who loves to keep up with favorite web sites, both old and new. So, from time to time I want to share some of my new finds and old standbys.

Here is the ultimate old standby, a site that has been around as long as I have been staring at screens. It has grown and developed over the years, and continues to be the #1 place I tell all students to share with their colleagues. I know most of you are familiar with it, but if you have not stopped by lately, do check in with KATHY SCHROCK'S site: http://school.discovery.com/schrockguide/
She and her signature little red schoolhouse continue to serve as a fantastic starter site for anyone interested in teaching or librarianship. Take note of her great list of Web 2.0 resources as well as her many other resources. And, of course, she has a blog as well!

Here is one that is perhaps less known but worth checking if you need an online to-do lists:
TADA Lists. I could not live without this site. It keeps me on task despite my forgetful and not-so-organized approach to life. Here it is:
http://www.tadalist.com/
It requires a sign-up but is free and well worth setting up if you are in need of a list for reminders. It is available to you anywhere you are, unlike a paper list that sits on your counter at home. I am logging off for now, but if you are new to the listing site and try it, let me know what you think!

1 comment: