Friday, March 9, 2007

Geeky Fun

OK so it is Friday night and I am sitting in front of the TV with my laptop, neatly nested in my lounge chair. On the show Numb3rs one of the victims was wearing a flash watch. So off I go Googling for watches with USB slots. Sure enough I found them! Prices range from $10 to $500 range. Not sure I want one though. And then I went from there, next arriving at The Red Ferret Journal, which is surely an impressive repository of geeky things. For instance, get a load of the USB Retro Lamp! Only $10! Why I could probably get $10 worth of fun with that on one trip. Imagine flying at night and switching on this little honey instead of your overhead lamp. Anyway, while admiring it, I noticed the little scrolling display on the lower right. One after another, lovely geeky toys…GPS sneakers! Glove mounted indicator lights! The ultimate pooper scooper!

A little more looking and I realize that Red Ferret links to Wists. Well that makes sense! What is Wists? Take a look…it is social networking meets shopping! Give it a try at http://www.wists.com/

By the way, when I went to Wists (wish list=wists, get it?) and spent a few minutes gazing at other people’s lists and considering where to click, I noticed an ETSY site. What? You have not visited Etsy? Well here it is:

http://www.etsy.com/

And it is the place to shop for all things homemade! Are we having fun yet? Meanwhile the Numb3rs episode is drawing to a close. I had a bunch of fun!

2 comments:

  1. shame on you - you sent me on a long time wasting but very FUN journey! oooh I love these sites but my checkbook doesn't LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the internet wonderful?? It is so great to be able to follow up on our curiosity immediately and follow the trail!

    Can't wait to look at the geeky toys!

    ReplyDelete