Friday, January 25, 2008

Follow-up About Testing the Web 2.0 Waters

I posted a query to EDTECH, LM_Net, and TLC related to yesterday's blog entry where I asked how people would present Web 2.0 resources to a newcomer who was entering the waters very gingerly, first dipping a toe, the steeping out knee deep, etc. I did get some very nice responses. One person suggested that a first step should be del.icio.us, which I think is a great next thing after learning about blogs. Several people reminded me of two super resources presented by The Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenberg: Learning 2.0 Blog and Learning 2.1 Blog.
Another similar tutorial is presented by MESQUITE, TX ISD and has a great title, Learning Through Play.

As always I am grateful for everyone's tips. I am still working on my presentation, but it is up in a rough form at my wiki which has the same name as my blog, For Whom the Bell Told.

2 comments:

  1. Learning Through Play is actually from Mesquite ISD, not Lewisville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is and I KNEW that! I had just been thinking about Lewisville for another reason, had been in contact with someone up that way, and mistakenly keyed in the wrong town. I am going to go back and edit my entry but also leave your comment in mine to make 100% clear who should get credit for this great initiative. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete