Friday, September 7, 2007

I'M NO QUITTER...JUST JOINED TWITTER

Actually I joined a couple of hours ago, looked around a bit, and took the dog for a walk. I am liking this tool more than I thought I might! Here are some observations...they are in no particular order other than the order in which they occur to me:
  • This is a great way to advertise your blog. You could post an inviting Twitter that would lure people there.
  • Another really good way to use would be, as a librarian, to send out very short book reviews.
  • A lot of Twitter sites, both librarian and teacher, are open only to subscribers.
  • On the down side, many sites, including some that at first glance seem to offer promise, have not been updated in a long time. To really use Twitter, it seems to me you would need to post frequently.
After a quick look-see, here are some sites I like
Conclusion:
  • If you had a very specific plan, it could be that Twitter would be your solution
  • There is a lot of chaff and not so much wheat if you go searching and looking for Twitters with substance.
  • For someone who wants to use it with a phone and to keep up with friends, it could be lots of fun.
  • For me, it does not resonate enough that I think I will be a regular user. It looks like fun, but I know myself well enough to know that I will likely just end up being one of the many people out there who have not updated in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment